Baton Rouge Christian Counseling Center is seeking a licensed (preferred) or provisional licensed part-time or full-time counselor to join us as an independent self-employed contractor. BRCCC is housed within, and is a ministry of, First Presbyterian Church in downtown Baton Rouge. Counselors are responsible to market our own practices, but because everyone’s schedules are so very full we were able to refer 17 new clients in one month to a new counselor who recently started her practice.
If interested in lowering your overhead expenses and working with a great group of Christian therapists, see our website below and read on about what we have to offer you……….
- Collegial work with a group of 8 other licensed Christian LCSW’s / LPC’s / LMFT’s with over 125 years of collective counseling experience at a Center with an excellent reputation, founded in 1991;
- Two front desk support receptionists from 8:30 am till 5:30 pm to greet clients, take payments, make appointments, answer the phone, billing, and some typing, waiting list maintenance etc.;
- A nicely appointed office in a Hays Town building, complete with essential furniture for a counseling business (or you can bring your own) including filing cabinets and access to printers, microwave and refrigerator;
- Utilities, internet service, telephone and many phone lines, long distance, fax lines;
- Paid Microsoft Office 365; your own email address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Paid Therapy Appointment software for billing, appointment scheduling, note taking, messaging and ease in filing claims with insurance companies;
- An established website that attracts clients and includes access to all forms for clients to fill out ahead of time (www.brchristiancounseling.com);
- Monthly scheduled opportunity for collegial support and/or peer supervision;
- Staff Meetings every other month;
- Some referrals from the other counselors (but each responsible for their own marketing). At this point in time, since so few at BRCCC are taking new clients, many referrals are available for counselors particularly for those taking insurance, such as BCBS;
- Reasonable use of copy facilities and postage;
- Security system with buzz-in entry for clientele;
- Janitorial service;
- Use of classrooms (for groups, seminars, etc);
- Spotify music;
- Constant Contact software to use to alert clients to appointment openings;
- Paid for annual shredding services;
- Use of forms for limit to liability with teletherapy and in-person counseling during pandemic;
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting to assure client safety during COVID;
- Well-appointed waiting room and waiting areas with proper social distance;
- Statistics compiled monthly and quarterly for your records of client hours, managed care hours, reduced fee hours, new client numbers, income payments received, accounts receivable;
All this for 20% of your collected fees (to support all of the above) up to a ceiling of $800/month for smaller offices, or $900/month for larger offices; subject to change. The ceiling for PT counselors is $600/month for up to 14 sessions/week.
We are all independent, self-employed contractors working together. No benefits are included.
If, after prayer, you are interested in interviewing with BRCCC, please email BRCCC’s Director, Sherry Kadair, LPC at Director@brchristiancounseling.com.